Who we are:
The CSRA Cancer Awareness Tournament (C.A.T.) began in 2011 under the direction of a small group of tennis players who wanted to give back to the community by supporting the needs of cancer patients at the former Medical College of Georgia. Today, the CSRA Tennis C.A.T., Inc. continues this annual tournament as well as other fundraising efforts of a broad range of programs at the Georgia Cancer Center.
To become a self-sustaining organization that increases cancer awareness, contributes to the eradication of cancer and serves as the preeminent nonprofit fundraising corporation in population areas served by the Georgia Regents University Cancer Center.
To raise funds in support of Georgia Cancer Center (GCC) to aid the Center’s efforts to advance clinical science through research, the diagnosis of, treatment and prevention of major types of cancer.
All monies raised will remain in the local area.
Why We Support Georgia Cancer Center:
- The GCC is on the path for National Cancer Center (NCI) designation, the highest designation a cancer center can attain.
- Growing exponentially each year by bringing on exceptional new medical and research talent to the CSRA.
- One of the few Cancer Centers in the US conducting first in human phase 1 clinical trials.
- Home to one of the best and most cohesive immunotherapy research programs in the United States with real world “bench to bedside” state of the art immunotherapy treatments for patients.
- Embracing a multi-modality holistic approach to patient and Family centered care.
Board of Directors:
The CSRA Tennis C.A.T, Inc. is a Georgia not for profit corporation under IRS section 501(c)(3); all gifts are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.